A godly marriage is something that is precious and one that cannot be compared to secular marriages. Christian couples share something in common that nothing in the world can match, Jesus Christ! Listed here are few favorite bible verses for weddings and Christian couples. Build your new home upon the Rock so the rain and storms do not crush your home.
- Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? — 2 Corinthians 6:14-15
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. — Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. — 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[a] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. — Genesis 2:22-24
- May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love. — Proverbs 5:18-19
- A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. — Proverbs 12:4
- He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD. — Proverbs 18:22
- Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD. — Proverbs 19:14
- Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find? The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him. — Proverbs 20:6-7
- A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. — Proverbs 31:10
- “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” — Matthew 19:4-6
- Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. — Colossians 3:18-19
- Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. — Hebrews 13:4-7
Most importantly, always forgive one another and love eachother! A Christian Marriage is indeed different and one that should be admired by the world. Remember that we are representing Christ.